Pavan

Pavan

Thursday 16 May 2013

May 16th

May 16th is a day I don't think I will ever forget! The thought of this day bring me so many emotions. It makes me anxious, nervous, excited, scared, and happy all at the same time. It has now been exactly one year since Andin walked off the plane in the Lethbridge Airport and got home from his mission! I Can't even believe it has been a year already when I think of all the fun stuff we have done! We have been to 6 countries in the past year (not including Canada), been engaged, married, had our first Christmas, our first place, bought a car, Andin finished his first year at school and much more! Looking back over the whole last year I feel so blessed with all I have been able to see and do and especially do that with Andin! 

I remember waking up that morning last year and having insane butterflies and thinking there is no way this flight is actually gonna arrive. Will I actually see him? Will he still feel the same way he did before? Will we know suddenly if it is still meant to be? I was hoping all of this was true as I had already bought my tickets over to Europe for a 3 week vacation with his parents and Ariel! I remember standing in the back as he walked through those doors with giant tears streaming down my face thinking holy he looks so handsome! I cant believe this is really happening! I looked at him and when we made eye contact the first time my heart melted. We didn't even have to speak and I knew he was the one and everything would work out! That first hug I never wanted to let go. I had longed for these perfect hugs for 2 years now and I was finally getting it. 

After many hugs and hellos at the airport we were off to Pavans for a big dinner and party (Andin got set apart on the way from the airport at the church!) We spent the night with all the family talking and eating and listening to Andin's mission stories and I think even a little swimming party! Then Andin watched his first movie while all the kids slept over I think it was Cars 2! Then as I decided it was time to leave I got the kiss I had been longing for! I couldn't believe how it was exactly the same! I had butterflies in my stomach like I had never had before! And if he had asked me in that moment to marry him I would have said YES! (which I did only a month later!)

I feel so blessed to have been able to be with Andin for 6 years now! It is crazy to think when we first met we were only just kids! I love and cherish him more than he could ever know! Thanks Andin for loving me back!



Love, Kenz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers