Pavan

Pavan

Monday 1 April 2013

2013 Happenings

So yes I have been absent from this blogging thing for over 2 months now and I cant believe I let myself go like that! So I have got a lot of catching up to do. So February was a busy month for us with Valentines my birthday and a trip to Phoenix!  So for Valentines I came home from work not sure what the plan was and thought I'd be waiting for Andin to get home from school at 5:30 and find out then! Well his last class was cancelled so he snuck home hid the car and when i pulled in and walked in the house he had dinner ready! My favorite food is spaghetti so he had that all cooked up with candle lit and some of his favorite Jack Johnson music. It was super romantic and I was so flattered but felt bad when all I had done was written him a letter (if you don't know well me I'm famous for notes and letters). It was such a fun night to just get to chill and spend time at home with him and stuff I couldn't have asked for a better evening.

Look at that dinner
I attempted to make cookies but was not a success at all! they turned out like biscuits! No wonder I don't cook!

Three or so days later we were on the plane to Phoenix for a week of fun. Me and 7 boys! Ya, Andin being the only one married made that one possible. It was a ton of fun though because my parents and Jimmy and Brett were down there so I spent a little bit of time with them! The crew was me, And in, Matt Maclennan, Ben Robinson, Dan Wilde, Josh Koegler, Landon Leavitt, and Luc Rollingson! The week was perfect! It was full of shopping, cards, laying poolside, some pool basketball, 2 on 2 football, regular basketball go karts and a Suns game! It was perfect weather while we were there except the one day we had a rain storm but we knew ahead of time and planned our shopping for this day! We stayed at a place the Wilde's part own and let me tell you was it amazing (pics to come)! I was all about laying by the pool and trying to get a tan for when I came home! It was barely over 20 degrees so you had to spend quite a bit of time outside to see results! This trip had a lot laughs, nicknames, cheap fast-food, and teasing! Luckily I wasn't on the bad end of the teasing! During the week in Arizona was my birthday! I have these unreal expectations for my birthday every year and that its going to be like something amazing right out of a movie or something! It never is but I really did enjoy it this year! I got to get up sun tan get ready head to some go karts then the Suns game.. the only downfall was having to eat Burger King before the game because there was no where else close-and there's no worse fast food than Burger King! But, overall I had an amazing day! I was so not ready to leave the Arizona sunshine but knew a holiday couldn't last forever so we were back on the plane to come home before we knew it and we were super depressed to be leaving and coming back to the grind of working! 

 This is the life.. sun tanning while the boys play pool ball!




 This was our little football field and they even let even let me play

 Andin hit up some great golfing while we were there
All except the days he went with Jimmy and Brett


 Apparently i have a huge head and had to wear a helmet 2 sizes bigger than Andin

 Suns game


March was another full month! It started slow as usual for work and such but volleyball was coming to a close and as much as I was ready for the 6-7 month season to be over I was sad to miss my Monday nights with my girls! We ended up coming in 2nd in our division and won $75 so it wasn't that bad! Just before the tournament I decided I would dye my hair brown because Andin always wanted me to get this done! Maybe he wanted me to look like his sisters who knows! But i really do love the change and love how refreshing a new hair style can feel! It has been a long time coming for me! Andin also got a calling as Elder's Quorum 2nd counsellor. He is excited for it but nervous in the same breathe as he is by far the youngest member of the quorum to start with but it is good they will be utilizing him and his abilities! I am super proud to have an amazing husband who is able to hold the priesthood and have callings in the church! We also had my grandma Jazelle's surprise 80th birthday for her before she goes into knee surgery (we did it a month and a half early so she could really enjoy everything). It was the first time since 1997 that my grandma had all her kids, grandkids, and great grandkids together! That is a very long time but its hard to get that many people together! It was tons of fun getting to be with my cousins and spend some time doing old tradition and playing bingo like we did as kids at grandmas house! Trying to get pictures with everyone was a tiny bit hard and sadly I don't have a copy of the group picture but I have a copy of a few others! She was thoroughly surprised and so happy to have everyone there! It must be an insane feeling to have all the people who are together as a results of her and grandpa Lloyd falling in love and deciding to get married and have a family! We are so blessed that they made that choice! I love her tons and some of my fondest memories of her were sleeping over every Friday night when I was in Elementary school and waking up early and grandpa taking me to Kokomo's for my fill of candy, then getting to help grandma bake buns with my tiny rolling pics and loaf pans! I feel like my grandma has been such an amazing example of a strong kind woman and I have always looked up to her and admired everything about her! I can't imagine life without her! 

 Rox volleyball team
 Andin got to babysit for Kaylee for the afternoon-thiese girls are crazy for him
Brown hair
 Grandma and Grandpa Ralph with their kids- a little flashback

 Hiding to surprise grandma
 80 things grandma loves
The lady of the hour


 Andin is seriously a baby whisperer
All 18 grandkids
Best buds from the days we couldn't even walk


Next came the Easter weekend at the Pavan cabin! Not everyone was there but it still was fun! We did a few beautiful quad rides, a little bit of shopping, and some golf even. But mainly with Pavan's it is a lot of eating! It is always so refreshing to leave home and get some new scenery! It was a much needed break from the stressful work I have had the last 2 months running a walk-in and regular clinic as a lone receptionist! So after feeling a little exhausted from that the weekend was the therapy I needed and after my weekend away I was ready to come home and get back to my tiny basement suite! After a busy weekend no where is better than my quiet little place! It is funny that even though I lived at my parents for so many years this place I am in now feels more like home that my parents does now! But that's how it should be right? 

 Quad ride- dont mind the 80's jacket i am wearing
 Brixton and Banks
 Finally reached the top

 The boys
 Look at that view
 Time for some golf


Ya i know i have bad form
The sunset on the drive home

Well now that I am caught up I will try not to get that far behind anymore!

Love, Kenz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers